News and Announcements
Hello Athletes and parents,
We hope you’ve all had a safe but creative summer. Though travelling has been withheld, we hope athletes have been keeping busy and developing new interests and hobbies or keeping up with their athletics in some way.
Volleyball BC has officially entered of the BC Restart Program. Details of their plan to return to play can be found at: http://www.volleyballbc.org/return-to-play. Apex will be following Volleyball BC’s guidelines however we have been given challenges due to COVID-19.
We WANT to run a 2020-2021 Season, however there are a few factors that will determine the contingency of the season.
1. We heavily rely on facility rentals in the Burnaby and Vancouver school district, without it we can only run at an extremely small capacity at best. Please contact us if you have ideas for new facility rentals.
2. We’re always looking for coaches, we have some returning, some retiring, and some who have concerns for COVID.
3. We’re looking to restructure tryout protocol so to minimize contact, occupancy, and safety measures.
4. Apex club will NOT be travelling to any American tournaments this season. we are still contemplating balancing competition and safety/exposure as outlined by VolleyballBC. Volleyball Canada Nationals is also up in the air.
As expected, we are planning for a multitude of scenarios and unfortunately these plans are up in the air until we can plan for the factors mentioned above. We thank you for your loyalty and interest for Apex Volleyball Club and to reach out to keep informed.
We are hosting an AGM/Info session over Zoom for our previous athletes and parents and are in the midst of finalizing a time. More info will be coming out… please stay tuned to our social media for updates.
APEX ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING and INFORMATION SESSION on OCTOBER 17, 2020 Via Zoom Link set up at a later date. Time TBA.
For now, look forward to the start of school and seeing your friends (safely) again! send us photos with captions from your summer so we can bring our social media out of its hiatus.
Take care, stay safe, and #GoApexVC!
Go to “TRYOUTS” > 2020 Tryouts for more information
Follow @ApexVolleyball on Instagram for updates.
Stay tuned. Accepting pictures from your summer. Email email@example.com with a caption and you’ll see it featured.
Be it martial arts, sports, or dance, make sure you incorporate good practices of strength and conditioning into your regime in order to be healthy, feel great, and elevate your game. At Apex, we encourage every athlete to do pre-hab exercises (not rehab) as a strengthening and preventative measure. Lets take control of our bodies now before the back, shoulder, and knee pain starts kicking in. We want to promote good health and function so you can play, perform, and compete at your finest.
Our 17U Boys team this season has a large team of knowledgeable court coaches and will continue an integrated strength and conditioning program with Richmond Oval’s @OvalHP’s strength and conditioning coaches in order to maintain a high level of physical performance and functionality.
Join us again tonight for 17U Boys tryouts round 2 at Harry Jerome, Burnaby. Court coaches on site are some veteran Apex coaches along with assistance from this season’s Douglas Royals Mens Volleyball Team. #FearThePride! Check out their IG @DCRoyalsmvb.
We had a special appearance from President Ken Li last night, check it out on our story at @apexvolleyball on IG.
- A full season of growth and memories!
- At least one tournament per season
- Organization and planning
- Anywhere from 2 to 3 practices per week (If 2 weekly practices than expect roughly one weekday evening and one weekend practice)
- Socials with your team or with your peers
- Lots of learning, good laughs, and a new perspective
If this is new to you, don’t worry – we have a team of people that can guide you through the works of it!
If you show any level of interest in the coaching atmosphere for the 2019 season (ie. Head coach, Assistant, Co-Coach, practice coordinator)….
Please fill out a short application form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWKTbXcCdN0u26Ts6JeI3-UA7S_iGAPbwYoTC5-1igy-KBcg/viewform.